Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cupcakes

Have I told you yet how much I adore cupcakes? Always have, always will. The hypothetical wedding I am planning for myself will have cupcakes galore! Fortunately for all of us, cupcakes have become quite trendy lately - which means they are available everywhere. Everywhere!

Cupcakes are perfect for a variety of reasons, including the icing-to-cake ratio. However, what makes cupcakes so special lately is the creative decorating. No longer is cupcake decor limited to an icing swirl; fondant flowers and accents, sprinkles, candy, specialty wrappers & a zillion other fun things. These do not do justice to the wide world of cupcakes, but here are some great images I pulled off the internet & keep in my *idea book* for future use...
(ps: these images are Martha Stewart's, unless otherwise noted...)

Cupcake Tree! Genius, and can be created for any occasion.

Golf anyone?

Magnolia Bakery - New York, NY




definitely not Martha Stewart's design...

not very pretty, but a great idea!

You get the idea...

Whenever I travel, I ask the locals where the best cupcakes in town are. (FYI: apparently nobody in Denver eats cupcakes, which makes me very sad for them.) Below are links to a few of my favourite cupcake locations. I hope when you travel you will check them out!

- Austin, TX - www.heycupcake.com
- New York, NY - www.magnoliabakery.com
- Columbia, SC - www.freshcupcakes.com
- McKinney, TX - www.thecakestand.com

Happy Cupcaking!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!
    & I have another pin for your cupcake map!
    Cush's Grocer & Market in Shreveport, LA. Cush's has been a hit with locals for their cupcakes, & even has quite a few Hollywood stars on their fan list with the film industry beginning to work in the Shreveport area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you are in Houston, you have to check out Crave Cupcakes. Their White Chocolate Macadamia Nut are pure awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete